The church of St Michael’s at Compton Chamberlayne was built around the end of the 13th century at a similar date to the construction of Salisbury Cathedral some 10 miles away. The church registers, which date from 1538 (in the reign of Henry VIII), are held by the Diocesan authorities for safe keeping.
It is located down a 100m path accessed through a white pedestrian gate to the right of the entrance to Compton Park.
Services are held twice a month on the first and third Sundays.
Parish Communion Service at 9.30am.
Service of the Word
(a modernised version of Morning Prayer) at 11.15am.
Col Dickie Winchester